Sancerre Blanc Thauvenay, Domaine Masson-Blondelet
- Grape : 100% Sauvignon Blanc
- Vineyard surface : 2 Ha 80
- Soil : complex chalky-Portlandian-flinty soil
- Exposition : south-east
- Production : Between 18 and 22 000 bottles depending on years
- Work in the vines : the vines are regularly tilled to oxygenate the ground, pruning is short, organic philosophy : No use of chemical fertiliser nor insecticide, nor weed-killer.
- Vinification : Natural. Immediate destemming and immediate press after harvest to avoid skin contact or oxidation. Very gentle press in our pneumatic press, fermentation in stainless steel tanks after cold settling, long conservation on very fine lees to enhance texture and youth character, no malolactic fermentation.
- Keeping : up to 4 years, apogee in the 2nd and 3rd year
- Wine-master’s advice : Served chilled at 12°C.
It is ideal alone as an aperitif. It is the perfect match with seafood, all fishes (raw, cooked, grilled or smoked) but also with poultry or white meats. It is also great with cheeses, particularly goat cheeses.
- Tasting notes : An excellent example of a rich white Sancerre, made from Sauvignon Blanc. Crisp, elegant, versatile and well-structured straight Sauvignon Blanc from this dedicated grower in the heart of the Loire’s Central Vineyards.