- Harvest 2013 in Pouilly
For us, the harvest 2013 in Pouilly took place from Monday 7th to Sunday 13th of October included. 7 days! We never harvest that fast, this to avoid the rains that followed on the next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday…
Pierre, who had ordered a 3rd pneumatic press this year for maximum efficiency at the cellar, really appreciated this purchase which happened at the right moment, so he could assert himself and follow a rythm until then never reached at the cellar ( all of this of course, keeping a very long press duration of weak pressure : 3h45 from 0,15 to 1,75 bars) but especially to bring in the harvest in its entirety by dry weather , which was not that way everywhere in that vintage year 2013, demanding, but successful !
- Les Pierres de Pierre 2012 mentioned as a success in RVF (Revue du Vin de France, n°572, June 2013, Special Vintage 2012)
- New GOLD MEDAL for our Pouilly-Fumé 2012 obtained during the last worldwide competition of Sauvignon 2013.
- During the last competition of Great Wines of France which took place in Mâcon the past 20th of April, our Pouilly Fumé “les Angelots” 2012 obtained a GOLD MEDAL!
- Bronze medal for our white Sancerre Thauvenay 2012 and Silver medal for our Pouilly Fumé 2012 in the famous British Competition IWC: International Wine Challenge 2013.
- In the past month of March, DECANTER, the famous British monthly magazine that should not be missed dedicated to the worldwide wines awarded the mark of 18,5/20 pts so 95/100 to our Pouilly Fumé Villa Paulus 2010… Read more [English Version]
- Meet Pierre and Mélanie from Domaine Masson-Blondelet at the next PRO WEIN fair in Düsseldorf from 23th to 25th March 2014 !
You will find us The Loire Valley Wines area, on Sopexa space, Hall 5, (stand number to come).
We look forward to meeting your there !
- Our Sancerre Blanc Thauvenay 2010 was quoted in SHROPSHIRE MAGAZINE, dated Feb 2013, « Small is Beautiful »
- Jacqueline FRIEDRICH, just finished a book on « The Kindgom of Sauvignon Blanc » : Sancerre, Pouilly-Fumé & satellites, named « Earthly delights from the garden of France », Masson-Blondelet is « Highly recommended »… Read More
- Jim BUDD, famous British wine writer and journalist, came by surprise for a juce tasting during the harvest… Read More
- Medal in Concours Mondial du Sauvignon 2011 :
SILVER for Pouilly-Fumé « Villa Paulus » 2010
- Domaine Masson-Blondelet appears in Guide du Routard 2011.
- Domaine Masson-Blondelet appears in Le Petit Futé 2011.
- Masson-Blondelet appears in lesthe « Top Producers » in Roger Voss’s article, published on the 6 Avril 2011 : Decode the Wines of the Loire Valley… Read More
- Two Medals in Concours des Grands Vins de France de Mâcon 2009 :
GOLD for Pouilly-Fumé « Villa Paulus » 2008
SILVER for Red Sancerre « Thauvenay » 2007
- Two Medals in Concours Général Agricole de Paris 2008 :
SILVER for Pouilly-Fumé « Villa Paulus » 2007
GOLD for White Sancerre « Thauvenay » 2007