In order to prepare your visit in our area, we put together here some LINKS that might be useful for you to have a successful stay, you just need a click to travel around … or see the program we prepared to you…
-How to arrive to Pouilly? See: Google Map
– Our Pouilly-sur-Loire Tourist Office informs and receives you every day during summer time, do not hesitate to ask them, they are the firsts to know what is going on in Pouilly.
– You wish to deepen your knowledge about vineyard? You can visit ‘La Tour du Pouilly-Fumé’ unique and high-quality oeno-tourist center, even more interesting since the coming of the Aroma’s cellar: ten glass bubbles open to your nose introducing the Pouilly-Fumés and Pouilly-sur-Loire’s aromatic families. Every single bubble is made up only with natural products; it is beautiful and it smells good!
– Do not forget ‘Le Pavillon du milieu de Loire’ or great discoveries about our wild river … At the same time playful and didactic, they organize observation trips to see the Loire beaver, or even ‘nature’ activities for children and teenagers.
– After a visit to ‘La Tour du Pouilly-Fumé’, you can relax to ‘La Cave à Sel’ (the ‘Salt Cellar’ ). It’s a concept unique in the world; you can breathe the pure salt from Klodawa salt-mine in Poland. Relaxed, full of trace elements and after a massage or a modelling, you will come back appeased!
– You can also visit ‘La Maison des Sancerre’, another address not to be missed in Sancerre’s vineyard. A little further, but so interesting, you can visit: Guédelon where they are building a fortified castle with bare hands, your children will love to discover the workshops and the jobs from the past. (Disadvised by rainy weather)
Our selection of hotels and restaurants :
– Le Coq Hardi : A 3 stars hotel in Pouilly, by the river Loire including 9 rooms. A gourmet restaurant that has a terrace with a beautiful view on the river at summer time. The Chef Dominique Fonseca is ‘Meilleur Ouvrier de France’ (Best Worker in France) and he has spent most of his career in the Ritz kitchens.
– Le Relais de Pouilly : A 3 stars hotel (Logis de France) in Pouilly, near the river Loire including 24 rooms. A friendly restaurant with its buffet benefiting from a great terrace at summer time.
– Le Chat : A gourmet and original restaurant with a simple and friendly framework. A family welcome and the relation price-quality-originality are unbeatable! Situated in Villechaud (Cosne-sur-Loire). We highly recommend making a reservation in advance (No hotel, terrace during summer)
–Le Grand Monarque : Hotel Logis de France in Donzy offering 13 rooms. A restaurant showcasing our regional specialities, with a traditional cooking and a warm welcoming … Sweet prices.
– La Tour : A gourmet restaurant in Sancerre offering a dining room from the 14th century and a contemporary one facing Sancerre’s vineyard. One star in the Michelin Guide 2001. (No hotel)
– Hotel de La Loire : A 3 stars hotel situated by the other side of the river, in Saint Satur, down Sancerre. Our English friends often recommend us this establishment….
Regional products :
– Feel like a high-end snack directly from the producer? Let’s go to Donzy to Les Oies du Pré : Breeding of gooses and ducks visits, tasting and selling of ‘foie gras’ , production of walnut oil.
– Bread, Wine and … ‘Crottin’ ! See the cheese factory Fromagerie Dubois-Boulay : Selling of the famous ‘Crottin de Chavignol’.
Our good places out of the area :
– Breton terrines of Fishes and shells to be spread: very good with a Pouilly-Fumé glass : Conserverie La Paimpolaise
– Feel like change your mind in Paris in an idyllic setting? Go to ‘Le Chalet des Iles’...
– Restaurant Le Nanteuil : Inside the golf club of Rosny-sous-Bois (93110)